VALENTINE'S DAY

February 10, 2016

With Valentine's Day this weekend I thought it would be fun to share some gift/date ideas Chad and I have used in the past.  I am proud of the fact that Chad and I always take the time to make each other feel special, especially around the holidays.  Chad fixes me breakfast almost every single morning.  We send each other the occasional love text.  (I received this gem from Chad three years ago and still have it saved to my phone.)
We always tell each other how much we love each other every single time we leave or hang up the phone.  Anything we can do to make each other's lives easier and days better we try to do.  But holidays are typically over the top.  And I love it.
 
1) One year I sent Chad on a mini scavenger hunt.  I left a note on the windshield of his car for him to find as soon as he got off work.  I scheduled a secret appointment for him to have a massage.  The note told him how hard of a worker he was and how much I appreciated all he did.  I only gave him an address and said to head there immediately.  While he was getting his surprise massage I left him a little present with a note in the seat of his car telling him to head home, he will find his next surprise under his pillow.  Earlier I had placed a scratch off under his pillow with a note "Are you feelin' lucky? Go look in the closet."  No I didn't pop out wearing lingerie, although that's probably what Chad was hoping for.  Inside the closet he found an outfit I had laid out for him with a note asking him to meet me at our favorite restaurant, The Miller House, and that I would be waiting for him.  I arrived extra early so I could beat him there and be waiting at the table when he arrived. 
2) Another year I enlisted the help of several family members and friends.  I gave ten different friends a gift to bring to Chad at work every hour.  They all ranged in value.  Many gifts were some sort of candy or a movie.  I did give him one big gift he had been wanting for a while.  But every hour on the hour a new person walked into his office with a gift and note I had asked them to bring.  He loved the anticipation of finding out who was coming to see him next.  It was kind of like receiving two gifts in one- a visit from a friend and a wrapped present.
 
3) Last year we decided to have a chill night with dinner and our new baby.  Chad picked up both me and Everly to take us to our usual special occasion spot, The Miller House.  But he decided to make it a little extra special and take all the girls in his life out.  We met both our mothers there.  When we arrived we were surprised with four bouquets of flowers waiting at our table.  One for each of us girls.  It was the sweetest thing. 
4) One of my favorite ideas was a gift for all five senses.  For taste I bought him a cake pop bouquet from one of our favorite local bakeries in town, Dalisha's Desserts.  Hearing was represented by a new set of headphones.  Smell was a fresh bottle of cologne.  For sight and touch... Well... I'll let you all figure those out.
 
5) This year we may just throw on our pajamas and head to Chad's favorite- breakfast for dinner at Waffle House.  Our local Waffle House closed a few years ago.  So a mini road trip will be required.  Even better.  If we can get Nana to babysit it will be a special treat to drive down the road without the sound of Frozen playing on the DVD player or the cries that usually come with an overly tired baby who doesn't like to be strapped down.  A nice excuse to just sit in peace and hold hands. 
 
Many people blow off this holiday.  Regardless of what you do this Valentine's Day, never skip an opportunity to make your significant other feel special.  Don't let things get stale.  I love that after twelve years of dating my husband he still makes me feel like I'm his best friend.  He makes me feel loved and always keeps things exciting and new. 
- XOXO

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.