WEEKEND RECAPS

June 7, 2016

Beyond the details of our potty training boot camp we have had a crazy last couple of weekends.  Some sort of stomach bug hit the Hart House over Memorial Day weekend.  Chad was the first one down.  I don't think he's fully recovered even a week later.  After a sick daddy and a potty training baby this momma was so thankful it bypassed me!

But before Everly caught the bug on Monday we stepped outside for some sunshine to celebrate Memorial Day.  Several friends around our apartment complex got together to grill out.  We blew bubbles, ate watermelon, and let all the dogs hang out at the park.  We are so thankful for this little community of friends (who by the way were a HUGE help when Everly was sick).
By Tuesday Everly would soon follow Daddy in picking up the bug.  Chad left for Chicago and Everly and I were left to fend for ourselves.  It was my first experience cleaning up actual toddler vomit.  Poor Everly couldn't keep anything down for about 12 hours.  I don't think our couch will ever be the same again.
 This last weekend though everyone seemed to be somewhat recovered.  However Chad's grandmother fell over the weekend and is now in the hospital.  Chad went to be with her while the babes and I hung out at home.  He has been in and out of the hospital for the last several days and I know he's exhausted, both emotionally and physically.  Prayers for Chad and his family would be greatly appreciated.  After suffering a broken hip, several broken ribs and a mini stroke his grandmother is in for a long recovery at 91 years old.  
By Sunday we got a little stir crazy and decided to venture to Evansville for the Southern Indiana Parade of Homes.  After two stops to potty we finally made it to the first house.  I got all kinds of inspiration from the new homes and it made me anxious to get started on our own.  I was also introduced to The Barefoot Cottage.  And I now want to furnish every inch of my house with Joanna's Magnolia line.  Their set up in two of the homes was just beautiful.  I highly recommend you visit their store if you're in the area.

After five hundred more stops to potty we only saw a total of three houses until we were all too exhausted to continue on.  Everly cried half the way home.  And I'm pretty sure Nana never wants to take a mini road trip with us ever again.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.