EVERLY 2 YEARS

December 8, 2016

Age: 2 years old (or as she sometimes likes to answer, "two in August")
Stats: 29.6 lbs (81st percentile) 34.75 inches tall (74th percentile).  These were based on her 2 year check-up in August.
Clothes: She is in an awkward middle ground between 2T and 3T.  2T fits juuuuuuust right, maybe even a tad small depending on the brand and style.  But once you wash and dry anything, it's more than likely on the smaller side.  However 3T clothes are definitely too long for her in the arms.  When I buy new pieces for her these days I choose to go up a size to 3T so it will last through the winter.

She continues to be pretty agreeable with whatever outfit I pick out for her in the mornings.  In fact most of the time she's excited about anything I choose, especially if it's a new outfit.  She doesn't have a favorite outfit or piece of clothing, yet.  If she has a preference for anything it's definitely shoes.  Sometimes it's a small fight when she tries to wear her "blip-blops" out.  She will go into her closet some mornings and pick out her own shoes.  If they are season appropriate I usually agree.  Although the hot pink sandals this morning took some bribing to get her out of.  I really need to clean out her closet!

She also loves to wear bows and is obsessed with getting her hair fixed, and fixing other people's hair.  I especially love it when she "baids" Chad's hair.  Every morning she has a special request for how she wants her hair done.  Although every morning she ends up with a ponytail regardless.  Momma needs to learn more hairstyles.
Favorite Foods: Fruit is still a favorite.  She used to be obsessed with strawberries.  But lately I've noticed she leans more towards grapes and bananas.  We went to Cracker Barrel a couple weekends ago and she killed some blackberries, which was random and unexpected.  Yogurt, jello, fruit snacks and crackers are her go-to snacks.  And she ALWAYS requests pizza rolls when we go to Nana's house.  She usually eats spaghetti pretty well at dinner.  I pray she eats a vegetable at daycare, any vegetable, because we can't get her to touch them anymore at home.  Except corn, she loves corn.  

Favorite Words: I mean this kids has full on conversations with us now.  So I think this category is irrelevant these days.  She is becoming quite the funny little girl.  Some of the things that come out of her mouth make us crack up.  But I will say she has recently started singing songs off the radio (not just the typical nursery rhymes) and it is probably the cutest thing ever.  She loves Bruno Mars 24k Magic, Justin Timberlake Can't Stop The Feeling, Fifth Harmony Work from Home, and her most requested song is Flo Rida's My House.  When she hears a familiar song on the radio she'll say "I can't hear it," which is her nice way of requesting that the music be turned up, please.  

I guess this is also an appropriate place to document she has learned her first curse word... from none other than..... NANA! Of all people?! In a single moment of frustration Nana cursed "dammit."  And Everly immediately picked it up.  Thanks Nana.  She repeats it every now and then when she's talking to herself or playing.  We tried to leave it alone at first in hopes that she would forget it.  But it seems to have stuck with her.  So we emphasize the use of darn it or dang it and explain that it's a bad word.  It's a work in progress.  

To make things worse, we were at Nana's helping her put up Christmas decorations last weekend and AGAIN in a moment of frustration Nana shouted "shit!" Sure enough Everly hollered it right back.  Picture me now giving Nana the evil eye.  *Knock on wood* Everly has yet to say "shit" again after that.  Let's hope that one has been forgotten.  I'm just waiting for the day I get a report from daycare.

Favorite Activities: Coloring, reading books, and playing with (or disciplining) her babies are more than likely what you'll find her doing on a Friday night.  She loves her tumble class every Thursday and is actually getting really good at it! She always works out with me when I do my at-home workouts in front of the TV.  Watching her do a push-up is pretty hilarious.  She LOVES to be outside, and is pretty good about playing by herself too (sometimes).  Nana recently got her a seek and find book and Everly is obsessed with it.  We've "read" it so many times she has all the pages memorized.  She's a great helper (most of the time) and always asks to help me do laundry, dishes or vacuum.  Picking up her own toys is a struggle though.  But overall she really is an easy kid to please. 
Favorite Things: Her blankets.  She has to have one of her blankets when she goes to bed.  She's so territorial over them I just realized we should probably invest in a whole new collection just for the baby.  I'm positive there's no way Everly will share those with baby.  Nana introduced her to gum recently.  And Everly will secretly pull her purse off the counter to pull the gum out.  Try explaining to a two year old how you "just chew it, don't swallow it."  It really doesn't make any sense when you think about it.  Skittles! We went to a basketball game one night and I got her her first bag of Skittles.  She's requested Skittles literally every night since.  She still loves to sit with me and do her make-up while I'm doing mine.  Santa has fake make-up coming her way this Christmas.  Fingers crossed she falls for it and doesn't realize she can't make a mess of it.  She loves to watch me cook.  And when it's time to eat she will pull a chair inches away from her body and ask Daddy to "sit by me."  It is the sweetest thing.  She also enjoyed going to Courtney's soccer games this fall.  
Signature Moves: FaceTiming all the women in the family and immediately requesting to see their husband/boyfriend.  She has recently become obsessed with changing diapers- her babies' diapers, Daddy's diaper (that's the best).  Constantly telling us "don't say that word!" Thanks again, Nana.

Mom's Proudest Moment: Working out in the living room not paying attention to where my two year old was and punching her right across the head when doing jack uppercuts.  It took me about 20 minutes to be forgiven for that one.  At one point she even told me "don't look at me!" when I kept checking to make sure she wasn't close to me.  She was pissed.

Dad's Proudest Moment: Daddy took baby duty one Saturday so Momma could have a lunch date with one of her friends.  He took her to the playground at the YMCA.  If any of you know my husband, you know the length of his attention span and patience.  When Daddy was over the playground he asked Everly if she was ready to go.  When she refused he gasped and told her Batman was coming and they had to run.  Poor Everly took off straight for the door.  If you read this story then you know how terrified she is of Batman.  Parents of the year.  

Other Milestones: We decided to revisit sleeping in her own bed a couple weeks ago.  It has actually gone pretty well.  As long as we lay there with her until she falls asleep, which takes FOREVER.  But so worth it.  Typically she'll stay in there until about 3 am and then make her way into our room and lay right down in the floor next to our bed.  Her only request is to be covered up and she goes right back to sleep.  I can deal with that.  There was even one night she slept in her bed the entire night.  Chad and I actually had to go wake her up to get ready.  It was magical.  But then I was immediately a little sad about it.  I suddenly saw 16 year old Everly laying in bed refusing to wake up.  Isn't that weird? But that only lasted one night and she brought me back to reality the next day when she came into our room crying in the middle of the night because she had fallen down and hit her head.  Ahhh there's my sweet two year old who still needs her momma :) 
My sweet Everly we love you so much it hurts.  You challenge us almost daily.  But you really are a wonderful, smart, fun, beautiful little girl.  You are so sweet (most of the time) and tell us every day how much you love us.  Sometimes before we leave for work in the mornings you will wait till we get to the door then run after us and request another hug, and then "wait! wait! kiss!" I will happily be late every day to give you five thousand hugs and kisses before you let me leave.  We love you baby girl! I am so looking forward to making a few more memories and taking a few more adventures before our family dynamic changes with baby #2.  I hope you always know how loved you are.  I imagine I will love baby #2 just as much as you, but you will always be special for making me Momma first.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.