EVERLY TURNS 3

August 27, 2017

We celebrated our THREE year old a couple weekends ago! How did three years come and go so quickly? I still see her as my wrinkly nosed baby who brought an entirely new level of joy and happiness to our household.  I don't even realize how fast she's growing until I look back on pictures from one and two years ago.  I swear it makes me cry thinking of how fast time has gone by.  And it seems to only fly faster each year.  I want her to slow down so badly.

ANYWAY, dry it up Kristen... Let's talk about her amazing weekend.  On Saturday we hosted a donut party and invited all her classmates from daycare to the house for brunch and a pool party.  We bought a couple of inflatable pools, a slip-n-slide and let the kids go crazy. 

Everly was SO excited when her friends started to arrive.  It was the most fulfilling and happiest sight to see her having so much fun.  She was polite and appreciative of every present she opened and turned around to thank each individual as she opened them.  She greeted and hugged each friend as they arrived and left.  My mama heart was melting.

  
 
Everly loved the donut theme.  Donut holes specifically are one of her favorite foods.  Baby girl could smash a dozen donut holes all by herself.  (Totally her mama's daughter.)  So the fun sprinkle/donut theme seemed like a great party for her.  This party on Pinterest was my inspiration.


Turns out though I should have foregone the donuts and just invited everyone over to swim (if you can even call it swimming... probably more like splashing).  Everly was too excited to swim to eat anything, even her own birthday cake.  Five minutes into the party Everly had disappeared.  I found her in her room changing into her bathing suit.  After convincing her we still had to sing Happy Birthday to her so she could cut her cake and open her presents, she was willing to put her dress back on.  We sent 3/4 of a birthday cake and approximately three dozen donuts with her to daycare the next Monday because the kids ate so little.

The girls had a blast playing in the backyard.  We had bubbles, water balloons, and water guns.  They splashed in the baby pools.  And all the mamas tried so hard to explain how to use the slip-n-slide.  But the girls just weren't into it and couldn't get the hang of it.  Everything else seemed to be a hit though.  Everly still to this day tells everyone about swimming with her friends on her birthday.
  
 
 
  
At the end of the day Everly would hug me out of the middle of nowhere and tell me she loved me or how she was "so proud for my birfday".  That kind of reaction made it all SO worth it.  Girlfriend had the best day and we are so thankful for all her friends and family who helped us make her day special.  She truly had a happy birthday.

And speaking of time going by too fast... Take a look at these snapshots from each of her three birthday parties.  I can't wrap my mind around how big she is now.
 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.