GIRLS' ROOMS

October 2, 2017

When we first moved in to our new home we had a long list of furniture and décor that needed to be purchased.  After moving out of a 1,200 sq ft apartment, we didn't have  enough "stuff" accumulated to fill up our new space.  Not to mention the addition of a whole new bedroom for our new baby.
 
We've tried to manage the projects by tackling one room at a time.  The girls' rooms were our first priorities.  They are the closest to being finished in the house.  I wouldn't consider them complete yet.  There are still finishing touches needed in both rooms.  But then again, I probably will never feel like they are complete.
 
Let's start with the big girl's room.  We painted Everly's room "Angelic" by Sherwin Williams.
Her curtains are from Wayfair.  Above her bed, all the framed artwork is from Hobby Lobby.  The mirrors and lamp are Target.  Her bed is Land of Nod.
The adorable name sign is from The Trendy Timber on Etsy.  And all the other pieces used in the gallery wall above are from Target.  Artwork courtesy of Everly herself.
 Unicorn and basket are from Land of Nod.
 
For the most part, Everly's room is finished... For now... I still need to get a rug under her bed.  And I have a couple more bookshelves to hang.  But other than that I don't have any other plans for her room.
 
Addison's room is the result of #secondchildproblems.  Basically everything in her room was handed down from big sister.  Her name sign is from Six Eleven Co.  And now that I realize this is the only item in her room not handed down, I feel a little mom guilt.  We painted her room "Comfort Gray" by Sherwin Williams.
The curtains are from West Elm.  I bought extra panels to have the bed skirt custom made to match.  Her crib is Jenny Lind.
 
We did not find out the gender of both girls until they were born.  Hence the gender neutral colors and design.  Now that Addison is here, I have a growing itch to girlie up her room the way big sister's is!
Lamp and nightstand are Target.  Small globe came from Hobby Lobby.
 
 Ignore the half finished dresser.  I switched out some of her knobs with new ones from Hobby Lobby and have yet to go back and get more.
 
That's pretty much it! This is the current state of both rooms.  I love them both.  Sometimes the girls and I will sit in their rooms and just play and chat on the floor because I love the spaces so much.  It is so much fun to decorate a little girl's room.  I can't wait to add a touch of festive to each room as the holidays roll around too!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.