EASTER 2018

April 9, 2018

It was an eventful Easter to say the least.  A weekend full of sickness and excitement.  Everly spoke about Easter and the bunny for DAYS leading up to the holiday.  I'm beginning to think Easter might be her new favorite holiday over Christmas.  She had 21 questions about how the Easter Bunny makes it in the house.  Does he come down the chimney like Santa? What happens if he gets the house all wet? Will he wake us up in our room? Will he turn the lights on? Why doesn't the Easter Bunny talk? Will he make a mess? I've said it before, but I just love reliving the magic of the holidays through my daughter's eyes.  
We went to visit the Easter bunny a few days before, and Addison was in love.  She immediately reached right for him and giggled the entire time.  Everly on the other hand was nervous at first.  But after watching baby sister for a few minutes she decided it was a good idea to say hi.
To kick-start Easter morning Everly awoke us with the sound of her puking and choking at 1:30am.  It was probably the first time I've ever been thankful she sleeps on our bedroom floor since I was able to respond so quickly.  I've never jumped out of bed that fast at 1:30 in the morning.  Poor thing was COVERED in vomit.  We gave her a bath, drink of water, watched Peppa Pig for a few minutes and she was back asleep.  Thankfully that was the last of it for her.  So we thought it may have just been a fluke.  She felt better by sunrise and wanted to go to church.  So we got up and walked in the living room.  She walked right past the basket of goodies sitting on the coffee table into the kitchen without even noticing them.  We finally had to tell her to go sit on the couch while we fixed breakfast.  When she saw the baskets her mind was completely blown.  "Momma! Look!" I asked her if the Easter Bunny came she gave the sweetest and most excited "YEAH!" And started dancing.  You may have caught it on my Instagram stories if you follow me.  I will cherish that video forever.  It took everything I had to keep her from running and waking up her sister to tell her the good news.
Unfortunately the weather was unusually cold and we couldn't do much egg hunting.  So after digging into the baskets, we headed to church.  While in the middle of communion, and dead silence, Addison projectile vomited EVERYWHERE.  Bless the amazing couple who helped my husband and mom clean it up while I washed Addison in the bathroom.  You know you attend an amazing church when strangers will help you clean up your kid's vomit.  Thank goodness I took a couple of pictures of the girls before church.  Because this is what the before and the best of the after looked like...
 Poor baby smelled SO bad.  And you could tell she was miserable.  So was Daddy.  He couldn't hardly stand to smile for that picture.
 
After that we knew the vomit wasn't a fluke.  But my family braved the germs anyway and everyone came over to our house for lunch.  We had ham, broccoli, potatoes and rolls.  After lunch my sister frosted some cupcakes she had baked for us and we hid a handful of eggs outside for Everly to hunt real quick.  I am looking forward to a few years from now when our egg hunts get a little bit more competitive.  It's one of my favorite family holiday memories from my childhood.  Those will never get old.
 
We lovingly handed off our germs to my mother and grandmother who were sick a couple days following.  Although the holiday didn't exactly go as planned, we were all together.  And that's all I really wanted.  That and to see the smiles on my girls' faces.  I hope your Easter was just as blessed, but maybe a little less eventful than ours. 

1 comment

  1. awe look at those two sweeties on the Easter Bunny's lap!!! How precious! We had a sick morning too and were not able to go to Church but were able to snap a couple pictures in our Easter best thankfully! I love your girls' dresses!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.