- WEEKEND RECAP -

November 9, 2015

Another weekend has come and gone.  But the holiday season makes Mondays a little less painful. I am trying hard not to explode Christmas over here and respect the remaining fall and Thanksgiving season.  So here's what we were up to:

Saturday was a quiet day.  In true festive fashion we spent the morning baking pumpkin cookies with homemade cream cheese frosting.  It took us longer to clean up the mess than it did to eat these.  They were delicious.  Both Daddy and Baby approved.

 Recipe can be found here.  Warning, this recipe makes approximately 52,000 cookies.  We baked two dozen and still have an entire bowl full in the freezer.  I caught Chad eating the leftover icing in the fridge by the spoonful more times than I could count.  Baking cookies over the holidays is one of my favorite memories with my grandma.  I remember spreading flour all across her counter and rolling the dough.  Something so simple yet I loved it.  And it has stuck with me all this time.  I hope to fill Everly with the same fun memories.

Sunday we celebrated one of Everly's best friends.  Aiden turned 5 last week! We had so much fun.  Aiden obviously has the coolest toys.  Everly refused to slow down.  Who knew giant balloons would keep a one year old entertained for 20 minutes.  
  
There are only four months between these girls.  I swear it blows my mind how fast our babies grow. 
Her favorite thing was definitely Aiden's slide.  She could not get enough.
She reached and reached up for it motioning for us to take her down the slide over and over. 
 And over.... 
 And over... 
 At first I thought we totally have to get her one of these.  Then after the twenty-seventh time I thought mmmm maybe we can just come visit Aiden and his slide every other weekend.
Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.