- THANKSGIVING PLANNING -

November 21, 2015

I can't believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away.  My mother always hosts the Thanksgiving family get together.  However she is having surgery the day before.  Consequently I am responsible for getting the meals planned and prepped and entertaining.

For breakfast we will be having cinnamon rolls from our favorite bakery in town I posted about here.  I also plan on putting together a turkey shaped fruit tray for Everly.  We will spend the morning lounging in our pajamas while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  A tradition in our family.  Everly naps around lunch time so we will wait to eat the Thanksgiving feast until around 2:00 so she can join.  Here's the menu we have planned for lunch...
My two sisters and I have agreed to split up the menu.  Neither of us are known for our cooking.  But we all do enjoy it.  I plan on creating a recipe tab at the top of my page soon to share all the new recipes we try with you all.  Everly and I will definitely be wearing leggings to accommodate this menu.  Speaking of which, here is some Thanksgiving Day outfit inspiration.
On Thursday night and Friday I wouldn't be surprised if my mother found the strength to do some shopping.  We are not the all night campers.  But we have been known to wake up before the crack of dawn to take advantage of some deals.  I will probably do the majority of my shopping online this year.  Everly isn't exactly the best shopping partner, much less at 4:00 am.  But we more than likely will get out at some point during the day to check out the left over sales and have some fun.

Saturday we will eat left overs and enjoy some college football.  We will play Christmas music way too loud while helping Mom get out her Christmas decor and set up trees.  Yes, I said trees.  Mom has a Christmas tree for every room in the house.  My love for holidays is definitely a result of my mother and grandmother's raising.  I have festive plans for Everly's nursery and can't wait to share them with you all.

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving! I will leave you all with this little throwback of three month old Everly from last Thanksgiving.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.