BEAUTY FAVORITES

May 9, 2016

One of the things my sisters and I love to share most frequently are beauty tips and products we've recently discovered.  I'm always asking Courtney where she got her lipstick, and Leslie's hair is always on point.  By no means am I a beauty expert.  I learned how to do my own make-up by watching a million YouTube videos.  Tiffany and Jaclyn are my two favorite gurus.  And half the time, on the weekends especially, you'll see me with no make-up on at all.  I  am not a natural beauty, it just happens that way when you have a toddler who wakes up before you do.  But I thought it would still be fun to share some of my favorite products with you all.  I'm always looking for a new lip color or eye shadow to try.  But there are a few products I refuse to stray away from.  

Mario Badescu's entire line is my absolute favorite.  I have very oily skin so I have to be picky with what I put on my face.  I use the Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Cucumber Cleansing Lotion, followed by the Oil Free Moisturizer twice a day.  I rarely have breakouts with this line and it seems to really help keep my skin oil free throughout the day.  I highly recommend the entire set.  If I run out of the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion I can tell a huge difference in my skin within a couple of days.  Twice a week I'll also use the Whitening Mask after I wash my face.  I have melasma and this has definitely improved my skin tone.  These products are not harsh, nor do they make my skin dry or peel.  You can also find the entire line at Ulta.

L'Oreal Lineur Intense - This has a felt tip eyeliner and goes on so smoothly.  I have never liked the way pencil eyeliner looked on me.  And I always thought it was much more difficult and time consuming to put on than liquid.  And let's be real, time is precious when you're getting ready for work in the mornings at the same time you're entertaining a toddler.  So when I discovered this, I fell in love. The felt tip makes it so easy to put on as thin or thick as you want.  

Osis+ Mattifying Powder - Probably my favorite beauty product of all time.  I use this when I want some volume in my ponytails or messy buns.  I use it on my roots when I curl or straighten my hair.  I don't have to tease my hair at all when I use this.  It. Is. Awesome.  Just sprinkle a little wherever you want some volume/texture, run your fingers through it and it's good to go.  The volume lasts all day too... and I'm not going to lie, sometimes I'll wake up the next morning with my hair still looking good and I'll rock it on day two as well.

Tarte Lip Paint - I recently tried this product and I love it so much I'm considering going back to Ulta for more colors.  I have the color 'Goals' and it is the perfect nude/pink color.  It actually tints your lips so it lasts a long time.  It doesn't dry out my lips like a lot of lipsticks do either, which is a total plus.  This will be all you need in the summer when you're on the beach or at the pool.  Throw on your oversized sunnies and some of this lip gloss and you're all set!

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller - This roller has a lightweight sheer tint to it that instantly brightens my eyes and erases dark circles.  This is the perfect addition your light summer make-up.  I love this because it's not heavy and doesn't settle in the lines around my eyes.  I have used this for years every morning as part of my daily routine.  Sometimes on the weekend I'll roll this under my eyes, put on a bit of lip gloss and head out the door.

Please share any great beauty recommendations you have.  I am always on the hunt for something to freshen up my routine.  Hope you all have a great week!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.