CHRISTMAS 2016

February 12, 2017

This recap is way overdue.  But I decided to break out my DSLR camera this Christmas.  And after packing it up in the move and waiting for internet to be installed at the new place it took a while to get pictures uploaded to my computer.  The quality of pictures are much better, but the convenience of the cell phone sometimes cannot be beat.

Anyway, we had such a fun Christmas filled with family, fun, and road trips.  Christmas Eve we spent with my family.  We started the night with a candlelight service at church and dinner.  When we got back to my mom's house we opened gifts and laughed until this prego almost peed her pants playing games.  Everly and I finished the night baking cookies and hurried home so Santa could make his appearance.  I could tell she was a little nervous about this "Santa coming" because she did NOT want to go to sleep by herself.  Hopefully by next year she'll really appreciate the idea of Santa.  

Chad and the guys got to work in Santa's workshop and packed everything over that was in hiding at Nana's house.  It went much smoother than the kitchen disaster from last year.

 
 
Wouldn't you know it? The one day of the year Everly sleeps in past 8 was Christmas morning.  I debated for at least an hour about waking her up.  When she finally woke she snuck out of our room without saying a word.  I followed her to the living room and caught the sweetest reaction from her.  She was SO excited about the gifts Santa brought.
I had to capture this picture just for Chad.  If any of you know my husband, you know he likes to cross his toes when he's kicked back relaxing.  It is the absolute weirdest thing.  And goodness gracious if we didn't have a little girl who likes to do the exact same thing.  Chad loves it.  And I secretly do too.

That afternoon we headed to Hansen to spend Christmas day with Chad's family.  We visited Pappaw and wrapped up the day at Mimi's house.  We played with a huge set of playdough Everly received from Mimi and drove home way past our bedtimes.  The weather was absolutely beautiful all weekend.  But I would have much preferred a white Christmas.
We didn't rest much before heading to Orlando for our annual Chinn family vacation later that week.  I will recap that trip soon.  But I hope you all had the merriest Christmas and spent plenty of time with the ones you love most.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.