EASTER 2017

April 25, 2017

Both girls were up at various parts of the night so the Easter bunny made a late arrival after breakfast.  It was the craziest thing.  He was in and out before any of us ever saw him, which was probably for the best.  Not to name any names but there is a particular two year old in our house who still refuses to sleep in her room all night.  So Chad and I greatly appreciated the Easter bunny avoiding a 2 am wake up call from an excited little girl anxious to show us all her gifts.  Not only did the Easter bunny come late, but I completely forgot to charge my camera.  So I had to take snapshots on my phone all day.  I blame it on the newborn...
Both girls got a new pair of shoes, a book, a matching set of bows, and Everly's favorite- play-doh.  She was so excited about the play-doh she didn't want to go through the rest of her basket.  Also note to self: skip out on the candy all together next year or you'll spend the rest of the day (and week) fighting with your child over eating too much candy before each meal.  Daycare and Aunt Coco will more than take care of the candy.  Although, the giant bag of skittles Aunt Coco gifted her are now spilled all over the back seat of the car.  So that took care of that.
After playing with a few of her new gifts for a while, we hid eggs in the front yard for Everly to find.  I cannot wait until next year when we have two little ones running around.  I'll never forget that being the best thing to look forward to each Easter.  All the siblings and cousins running around for eggs was by far my favorite.  Mom even did scavenger hunts for us too.  I'll have to step my game up once the girls get a little older.
 We met both sides of the family at church and went out for a stress-free lunch at a local buffet.  We are getting pretty good at getting two kids ready and out the door no later than ten minutes behind. 
 
Afterwards we headed to my mom's where Everly immediately had to change into her new princess dress her Mimi got her.  I'm glad I at least got one quick picture of the girls dressed up beforehand. 
Obviously Addison really enjoyed celebrating her first Easter.  By the end of the day we all felt like this... Cheers to the sleepless newborn stage y'all!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your family & friends! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.