ADDISON ELAINE

March 27, 2017

I haven't officially introduced Addison here on the blog.  So I thought her newborn pictures would be the perfect introduction.  We are one month into life with Addison and she fits so perfectly into our family.  We can't imagine life without her now.  She is the sweetest little baby, and we are all absolutely smitten with her.  So without further ado, welcome to the world Addison Elaine...
I started blogging several months after Everly was born and never got the chance to document her birth story.  However, surprisingly enough, it went almost exactly the same way as it did with Addison.  I went into labor the exact same way and delivered both girls on the exact same day (as far as how far along in the pregnancy I was) at almost the exact same time.  Isn't that crazy?

My water broke around 2:00 in the morning while sleeping in bed.  I immediately called my sister to come stay with Everly so we could head to the hospital.  After a few hours I never started contracting consistently or very strongly on my own.  So the doctor started me on pitocin.  I sat in labor for a couple more hours before requesting an epidural, which was a slice of heaven.  I kicked back and enjoyed a couple movies and several cups of Jello while we waited.  My labor was SO easy with both girls.  The only exception being when my epidural started to wear off with Addison.  I requested another dose and almost immediately after, my blood pressure dropped.  I couldn't explain what was happening or what I was feeling, only that something was wrong.  To top it off I was completely dilated and they were ready for me to push.  And because I didn't know what I was feeling and I couldn't describe to the nurses what I needed, I started to panic.  I got physically sick which made it even worse.  Thankfully this only lasted a few minutes before my blood pressure leveled out and I felt like myself again.  I literally pushed twice and Addison was born at 1:21pm.  She was 8.6 lbs and 21.5 inches of absolute perfection.  We instantly fell in love.
And if you've followed my blog in the past you know how terrified I was of how a new baby would affect Everly.  Let me tell you guys, Everly has LOVED being a big sister.  She is so proud of "her baby".  This little momma follows my every step, helps with every bottle feeding, always grabs a diaper for me, and is constantly showering Addison with kisses.  Goodness I love my girls so much I think my heart will explode sometimes.









Can you see how proud she is in these pictures?!

Thank you Paige Logan Photography for these beautiful pictures of our family.  This was our eighth session with them and once again Paige and Katie captured us so perfectly.  It almost makes me tear up looking at these pictures.  I love this little family we've created.  Thank you all for following along too.  I hope you all have a great week!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.