WEEKEND RECAP

January 26, 2016

After Christmas, family vacation, moving, and several snow days life has been busy to say the least.  I told Chad I was in desperate need for a date night, just him and I.  We have been out several times without Everly.  But it's always with friends or family or to some sort of networking event.  I couldn't remember the last time him and I had been on a date alone.  So Nana stepped in to save the day.  Saturday night Everly got to spend the evening with Nana while Chad and I went out to dinner and a movie.  He made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, The Miller House.  And I couldn't even tell you the last movie I saw in theatres.  Goodness had it really been that long? Time slips right on by I tell you.  Chad even left his phone in the car the entire night.  It was just what I needed.
 
Sunday we devoted the day to Everly.  She was getting stir crazy and I had a bad feeling the neighbors beneath us were beginning to hate us.  So we got her out of the apartment and took a trip downtown to the museum.  It was the first time all three of us had ever been.  The indoor play area is well worth the $3 adult tickets if you have little ones.  We stayed for almost two hours letting Everly take all the time she needed to burn off steam.  We kept asking her if she was ready to go home and every time we got a  "no", while shaking her head and taking off running.  I turned to Chad and shrugged my shoulders.  At least we were getting our $6 worth.  Finally after almost two hours of running around and sliding down slides Everly responded yes. 

Before we headed home we decided to stop by Baskin Robbins.  Chad and I both shared our different flavors with Everly trying to see what she liked best.  Surprisingly she wasn't really into the ice cream after a few bites of each.
 
Our plan worked, because as soon as we got home we put on our pajamas and Everly crashed after a couple of FaceTime calls with her aunts.  She napped for over two hours, long enough for Chad and I to watch another movie.  It was almost like two dates in a row!
  
That arm rest is her favorite spot in the whole house.  Chillin' like a villain.

I am looking forward to next weekend.  The temperature is supposed to get up to almost 60! An early taste of Spring hopefully.  We will definitely take advantage of that.  I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for stopping by!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.