EASTER WEEKEND

April 5, 2016

This update is coming a week late.  It has been a crazy week with the start of my new job and Chad being in and out of the state for work.  I feel like my mind hasn't taken a break.  But I am here now and happy to finally write down a recap!

We had such an amazing and fun Easter.  We saw the entire family, ate way too much food, praised the Lord, and played until we crashed.  Saturday was spent with my side of the family.  All of our immediate and extended family near and far came together at my mom's for the day.  I absolutely love spending time with everyone.  The entire family is so much fun and easy to talk to.  

We celebrated with a late lunch with hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, immediately followed by the annual Easter egg hunt.  Everly napped for a good two hours so she missed out on that.  But we finished the afternoon with bubbles in the backyard and chalk drawings all over Nana's driveway.  So I don't think Everly minded too much.  The cousins all sat around the table and talked for hours while the kids played outside.  I wish every weekend could be like that.


I did a terrible job of taking pictures.  I was having too much fun to step away from everyone.  Sometimes it's more important to live in the moment rather than constantly trying to capture it.

Everly got her Easter present from Nana a few days early.  I had to share this picture from earlier in the week.  She was proud as punch over this rain jacket and boots.

On Sunday Everly was visited by the Easter bunny! I had too much fun putting her basket together.  Even though she doesn't understand the concept of the character yet, she was still happy to dig through her new presents.


We all got dressed after a quick breakfast and headed to church with the family.  Thankfully Everly was well behaved and loved listening to the music.  We struggled when the communion plates came around though.

That afternoon we headed to Hartford to spend the day with Chad's side of the family.  Everly was greeted with a box of goodies from her Mimi, and of course she always loves seeing her Uncle Brock "Bock".  The rain came pouring down when we arrived so we spent the day inside coloring and watching Mickey with everyone.  We headed home that night with an overly tired baby.  So I climbed in the backseat with her to hum Amazing Grace, which always seems to calm her down.  She was asleep within two verses of the song.

Aunt Leslie and Uncle Logan spent the weekend in Florida.  But they made sure to stop by a couple days later for a visit before they returned to Knoxville.


We had such a fun week with everyone.  It was definitely one of my favorite Easters to date.  I hope you all are having a great week! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.