- LOVE LIST -

August 30, 2015

1) Cooler weather so we can do this...
This...
This...
And this...

Everly lo-o-o-oves being outside.  She loves being able to run free and explore.  And the summer heat typically prevents us from staying out for too long.  But the weather was absolutely perfect last week and we took full advantage of it.  A visit to the park and a walk in the new wagon Everly received for her birthday was on the agenda after the work day. (Ignore our post-daycare outfit.  I promise she doesn't always look like she rolled around in ravioli.)

2) Football season so I can dress the baby up like this...
And this...
We are huge football fans over here, specifically Florida State football.  But we also like to support our alma maters- Western Kentucky University and Kentucky Wesleyan College.  Football season in general is such a fun time of the year- tailgating, food, music, beer, celebrations.  It's the perfect atmosphere to hang with friends and be part of something exciting.  And there are few things more exciting than watching a good rivalry.  Plus it's the perfect excuse to dress yourself and the babes in festive outfits.

3) Fall fashion- bring on the leggings, oversized sweaters, and boots.  One of my favorite things to do is match outfits with Everly so I had to get her a pair of fall boots and this sweater.  Everly has just about outgrown her 12 month summer clothes so we are hoping cooler weather is right around the corner.  Plus Gap and Old Navy are having a 40% off sale so it was the perfect opportunity to build her fall wardrobe.

4) Halloween pajamas.  Two piece toddler pajamas are one of my weaknesses.  They are the cutest.  But holiday pajamas? I can't control myself.  I absolutely love the holiday season.  We fully participate in all the holiday festivities and decorating.  So as soon as Halloween hit the shelves at the store my heart fluttered.  There is something especially cute about Halloween in infant and toddler sizes.  Everly is actually rocking her new Halloween pajamas tonight...
5) Which leads me to my next favorite... Our typical bedtime routine includes her pulling approximately 14 books off her shelves, bringing them to me one by one, turning around and sitting in my lap, letting me read exactly one page of it only to get up, grab a different one, and repeat.  I love it.  I'm going to have to get her some Halloween books so we can make her room and our bedtime routine a little more festive.  Is it close enough to Halloween for it to be appropriate to start decorating?

6) Fall food.  Soup, chili, cobbler, roast, pumpkin everything.  I pinned this recipe and cannot wait to try it.  Before baby I used to make an honest effort to try a new Pinterest recipe every weekend.  I have been terrible about it recently but have full intentions of picking back up with it now that Everly is completely off bottles and eats everything we eat.

7) And finally, quiet little getaways with just me and the husband.  We celebrated our anniversary a few weeks late with a quick weekend trip to St. Louis.
 
 We made sure to experience all the tourist attractions- the arch, Village at the Ballpark, the city museum.  My favorite part of the trip was the rooftop bar/eatery atop our hotel- Three Sixty.  The weather was perfect so we got to enjoy the view of the city and Cardinals Stadium for hours.  It was nice to have a night to ourselves enjoying each other's company without trying to keep up with a toddler.  But of course every few minutes we pulled up a video of Everly or looked at pictures of her and couldn't wait to get back home.  Speaking of which, thank you to my sister and her husband and my mother for watching the babe for the weekend.  We especially loved getting picture updates like this...
And just like that another week has come and gone.  Fingers crossed for beautiful weather again this week so we can do it all over again.  Hope you all had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© KRISTEN HART. Design by FCD.